Before beginning, let’s make sure you are a good candidate for micropigmentation and help you understand what to expect. We want to make sure you get great results, which also requires that you follow appropriate pre- and post-care instructions.
Micropigmentation Pre-Procedure Information & Care
Congratulations! You are making an investment in yourself. We are confident that this procedure will put a pep in your step and make you feel great about yourself. Before beginning, let’s make sure you are a good candidate for micropigmentation and help you understand what to expect. We want to make sure you get great results, which also requires that you follow appropriate pre- and post-care instructions.
It is very important that you read ALL of the information in this document and sign it.
This confirms that you understand our policies.
We cannot do your procedure without it. Thank you for your understanding.
You are not a candidate for micropigmentation if any of the following apply to you:
- Diabetes Type 1
- Hepatitis B/C
- Active Vitiligo
- Severe Rosacea
- Keloid Formation
- Mental Disorder
- Accutane (must be off for 6 months)
- Steroids (must be off for 6 months)
- Blood Disorders: Sickle Cell, Hemophilia
- Active Skin Disorders: Cold Sores, Shingles, Impetigo, Psoriasis, Pink Eye, Sun Burn, Severe Acne
- Retinol/Retin-A must be discontinued 7 days prior to procedure. (It will cause the skin to bleed).
- Injections (Botox, Radiesse, JuvaDerm, Voluma, etc.) must be done 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after procedure.
- Chemical peels and laser treatments may not be done within 60 days before or after procedure.
- The use of Latisse® must be discontinued at least 3 months prior to your eyeliner procedure (it creates an inflammatory response, causes excess bleeding and prohibits the eyeliner from healing well).
- Sunburned or Suntanned skin is damaged skin and therefore will cause excessive bleeding. We CANNOT work on sunburned or suntanned skin.
- You cannot expose the area to the sun for 30 days before or after procedure.
- Do not schedule this procedure within one week prior to a water vacation.
- Stay out of steam rooms, saunas, hot yoga, swimming pool, etc. for one week following procedure.
- Avoid working out or sweating for 1 week post procedure. (sweat will prevent pigment from healing into the skin)
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine 1 day before procedure to minimize any oozing, bleeding or swelling.
- Do not take aspirin, ibuprofen, niacin, fish oil or vitamin E 3 days prior to procedure unless medically necessary.
ALL SEMI-PERMANENT COSMETIC PROCEDURES ARE MULTI-SESSION PROCESSES.
An initial application is incomplete until after a follow-up appointment, which must be scheduled approximately 4-6 weeks after your initial appointment. There is no additional charge for the follow-up appointment after your initial application as long as it is performed within 8 weeks of the initial application.
WHILE YOUR SKIN HEALS, BE PREPARED FOR THE COLOR INTENSITY OF YOUR PROCEDURE TO BE SIGNIFICANTLY LARGER, SHARPER, BRIGHTER, OR DARKER than what is expected for the final outcome. This is a normal and expected result of the application and healing process. The healing process will take a number of days to complete, depending on how quickly the outer layer of your skin exfoliates and new skin regrows to take its place.
Since delicate skin or sensitive areas may swell slightly or redden, some clients feel it best not to make social plans for a day or two following any procedure.
In order to provide all of our clients with great service and the best experience, OUR POLICIES are as follows:
CLIENT-ONLY IN THE PROCEDURE ROOM:
Though a friend or family may accompany you to your appointment, we have learned it is best that they do not sit-in on your procedure. It is important the artist is able to have their full focus on you, the client. Friends and family tend to be a distraction for both the client and artist.
CHILDREN, TODDLERS AND BABIES:
Though we love children, toddlers and babies, we must kindly ask that you do not bring them with you to your appointment. Unfortunately, they are a distraction to the artist. Thank you for your understanding.
Micropigmentation is a time-intensive service. In booking your appointment, we are reserving a designated amount of time specifically for you. We require a 50% deposit in order to reserve this time for your appointment.
If you need to cancel for any reason, we require that you cancel at least 24 hours prior to the start of your appointment time so that we may be able to offer this time to another client.
If your appointment is cancelled with less than 24 hours’ notice (or in the case of a no-show), you will still be charged the full price of your scheduled service.
There is no charge for the follow-up appointment to a new/initial procedure when it is done within 8 weeks of the initial procedure. However, in the case of a cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice or a no-show, the follow-up is considered forfeited and any following appointments will be charged as a touch-up appointment.
Please plan to arrive at Gentle Touch 15 minutes prior to the start of your appointment. You will need to complete a consent and medical intake form. We want to make sure you have time to make yourself comfortable before the start of your appointment.
Please give yourself extra time for parking.
If you are late it will compromise the amount of time the artist has to spend on your procedure, which in turn compromises your results.
In the event that a client is more than 30 minutes late, the procedure may be cancelled, and the full service fee will still apply, as we are not able to sell this time to another client.
RIGHT TO REFUSE TREATMENT:
Though it is extremely rare, we reserve the right to refuse treatment for the following reasons:
- Undisclosed skin condition (including sunburn/suntan)
- Under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Any behavior which, in our opinion, might compromise our ability to work safely and comfortably toward the desired results, or might disrupt other clients.
- Do not wear contact lenses during or immediately following your eyeliner procedure. Remember to bring your glasses. You may resume wearing your contact lenses as soon as your eyes return to their pre-treated condition.
- The use of Latisse® must be discontinued at least 3 months prior to your eyeliner procedure. Latisse® produces an inflammatory reaction in the skin, which causes excessive pain and bleeding. If you use Latisse®, your eyeliner will not take properly.
- Do not use other growth stimulants such as RapidLash®, or RevitaLash® for at least one week prior to or one week after your eyeliner procedure.
- Lash extensions must be removed completely before your eyeliner procedure. If you have lash extensions, we will not be able to do your eyeliner. Lash extensions pose a danger to your eyes during the micropigmentation procedure.
Micropigmentation is a process. Two or three sessions may be required to achieve the desired results. It is not uncommon to lose up to 70% of the color after the first session.
Please be aware that having a procedure done while on your menstrual cycle can make you hyper- sensitive at the procedure site.
You will be given detailed after-care instructions at the time of your procedure. Please call or email us with any other questions you may have.
We look forward to seeing you soon!